It is important that you feel secure with us. It is also important that you understand how we protect your privacy as well as how, when and where we may use your details. This document provides information on how we manage your personal information, the steps we take to protect your privacy as well as how, when and where we may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information.
What is a Legal Entity Customer (LEC)
A Legal Entity Customer (LEC) is also known as a Business Customer. They are organisations contracted to Rapid Screening (an Accredited Body), which the ACIC has to initially approve to provide services relating to national policing. This may be your employer, agent, benefits provider or issuing body. LEC’s must comply to the same laws and regulations as Rapid Screening and are not restricted from Audits by the ACIC.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
The personal information we collect and hold about you is the information you provide to us for the purpose of conducting a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC). This information may be attained directly from you (in person/remotely) or your LEC, and includes information that you or your LEC choose to provide to us in the national police checking service consent form, which can be provided both in person or electronically. We will only collect information provided by your LEC if it has been provided with your consent.
The information we collect may include your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth, drivers licence details, passport details, criminal history or any other information you authorise us to obtain. All information will be collected in accordance with the law and not in an intrusive manner. Under no circumstance will we keep unsolicited information. Where we receive unsolicited sensitive information, we will destroy the information in a prompt and timely manner in accordance with our legal requirements.
How do we disclose your personal information to obtain a police check result?
We collect personal information provided by you or your LEC to provide a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC), commonly known as a ‘police check’. We submit the information that you or your LEC provide to us over to the ACIC or AFP, and the result will be sent to us, as the accredited body. We then deliver the result to you or your LEC. For an APF check, since the AFP do not send results via email, you may choose to get your result delivered directly to your chosen mail address (not PO BOX address).
Your personal information will be disclosed to the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission (ACIC) and the Australian Federal Police (AFP) in order to undertake a police check. We may also disclose your personal information to other third parties with your consent, including your LEC if a police check was initiated through them.
There may also be limited circumstances where we are required by law to disclose your personal information to government organisations or third parties involved in court action.
How to access your personal information and/or make corrections?
You have the right to access and update your personal information held by Rapid Screening under Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13. This can be done by logging onto our website at www.rapidscreening.com.au and using the same email/password created at registration.
Alternatively, you can give us a call (see below). Before granting access or making any corrections to your personal information, we will need to verify your identity. We may also require you to identify and specify what information and documents you require access to.
If you wish to access or update the information we hold about you, please put your request in an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can call us (see below) and we can take you through the process.
How do we protect your personal information?
To help protect the privacy of data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain certain safeguards to protect data integrity:
- Rapid Screening uses Comodo as our online cybersecurity platform. A Comodo SSL Certificate is the quickest and most effective way for an online business to protect customer transactions. The certificate we implemented is designed to protect all communication and data that’s transmitted online through our website. We believe Comodo deliver reliable, centralized and fully scalable security solutions for our
- Stripe is our choice of payment gateway. They allow us to receive online payments from our customers through our website. Stripe provide technical, fraud prevention, and banking infrastructure required to operate our online payment
- All information stored electronically is password protected on a secure cloud server
- Physical security of our premises by preventing unauthorised access
- Updating and testing our security systems on an ongoing basis
- Training our employees on the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information; and
- Limiting access to your personal information to employees who need it to provide benefits or services to you
Do we disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients for the purposes of;
- LEC’s located overseas that might submit a Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (NCCHC) on you (with your consent) for the purpose of screening you for potential overseas employment.
- Overseas developer companies, such as Web2rank, are contracted to Rapid Screening for the purpose of I.T and mobile/website maintenance, repairing of bugs and software coding, restoration of portal functionalities and feature upgrades. Web2rank are a sophisticated web design and development, digital marketing, server management and virtual assistance company. Web2rank are contracted developers of Rapid Screening and are binded by a Contractual Agreement (which includes Confidentiality and Non-Disclosable Agreement with Rapid Screening). Information that Web2rank monitor may include your name, address, date of birth, contact details, drivers licence, passport, medicare card details, NCCHC result, or such other information to maintain the functionality of our services to
Collection of other Information
Personal information provided by you or your LEC may be used for the purpose of marketing emails. If you do not wish to receive these communications, please contact us to opt out.
How to make a complaint
You can make a complaint if you believe we have breached or mishandled your personal information. All complaints should be directed to email@example.com.
Potential breaches will be taken seriously and investigated by Rapid Screening. Any information breaches will be released in writing and measures will be taken to ensure the breach is addressed.