Employment/Volunteer Check ID Requirements

When Applying For An ACIC Employment Purpose Police Check:

In order to be in line with the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission’s (ACIC) standards, all Applicants applying for a national police check must ensure they meet the minimum ID Requirements below.

Unable To Meet The ID Requirements?

If you are finding it difficult to provide or get the necessary evidence to identify yourself in line with the minimum requirements above, we have an exceptional circumstances approach which allows you to use Special Provisions to verify your identity. Ask our staff for more information on Special Provision documents.


Commencement Of Identity: Upload/Enter ONE Document

(a) full Australian birth certificate (not an extract or birth card)

(b) current Australian passport (not expired; however, if the Document Verification System (DVS) is used to verify the passport, it may be up to 2 years expired)

(c) Australian visa current at time of entry to Australia as a resident or tourist *

(d) ImmiCard issued by Department of Home Affairs (previously the Department of Immigration and Border Protection) that enables the cardholder to prove their visa and/or migration status and enroll in services

(e) certificate of identity issued by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) to refugees and non-Australian citizens for entry to Australia

(f) document of identity issued by DFAT to Australian citizens or persons who have the nationality of a Commonwealth country for travel purposes

(g) certificate of evidence of resident status.

(h) Australian Citizenship Certificate.

Primary Use In The Community: Upload/Enter ONE Document

a) current Australian drivers licence, learner permit or provisional licence issued by a state or territory, showing a signature and/or photo and the same name as claimed

b) Australian marriage certificate issued by a state or territory (church or celebrant-issued certificates are not accepted)

c) current passport issued by a country other than Australia with a valid entry stamp or visa

d) current proof of age or photo identity card issued by an Australian Government agency in the name of the applicant, with a signature and photo (Working with Children card is acceptable)

e) current shooters or firearms licence showing a signature and photo (not minor or junior permit or licence)

f) for persons under 18 years of age with no other Primary Use in Community Documents, a current student identification card with a signature or photo.

Secondary Use In The Community: Upload/Enter TWO Documents

a) certificate of identity issued by DFAT

b) document of identity issued by DFAT

c) convention travel document secondary (United Nations) issued by DFAT

d) foreign government issued documents (for example, drivers licence)

e) Medicare card

f) enrolment with the Australian Electoral Commission

g) security guard or crowd control photo licence

h) evidence of right to an Australian government benefit (Centrelink or Veterans’ Affairs)

i) consular photo identity card issued by DFAT

j) photo identity card issued to an officer by a police force

k) photo identity card issued by the Australian Defence Force

l) photo identity card issued by the Australian Government or a state or territory government (this may take the form of a Working with Children or Vulnerable People card or a government issued occupational licence)

m) Aviation Security Identification Card

n) Maritime Security Identification card

o) credit reference check

p) Australian tertiary student photo identity document

q) Australian secondary student photo identity document

r) certified academic transcript from an Australian university

s) trusted referees report

t) bank card or bank statement (without recording the payment card number/s)

u) credit card

v) state/territory government rates assessment notice or Australian Taxation Office assessment notice

w) Australian utility bill showing name and address

x) Australian Private Health Insurance Card

y) Australian Trade Association card.

Rapid Screening will report any suspicious identity theft/fraud to the Police and the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission.